FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is this based on any faith of religion?
No, this is applicable to all faiths, all religions and freethinkers.
2. Is the retreat about sitting silent all day?
While the retreat is about staying silent there will be a number of activities to be done during the day in a defined sequence. So you will be active but in silence.
3. Am I allowed to use my phone?
Silence will mean being without any form of communication with the external world for the period of the retreat. But trust me, you are going to be too busy to bother having to communicate
4. Is it ok for me to step out of the house?
There will be activities which will include outdoor work. For the rest of the time it is recommended to stay indoors. But no use of ride hailing services please – as that will involve using your phone.
5. Is it ok for me to step out for my meals?
It would be best for you to pre-arrange your food for the period of the retreat so that you do not step out for food or use your phone or order food.
6. Is there anything I need to arrange for me to use for the retreat ?
A journaling book and pen.
7. Is this Vipassana ?
Vipassana is a specific Buddhist practice. This silent retreat is NOT in any way related to Vipassana. It is a practice that has no connection to any specific religion and is accessible for beginners and experienced practitioners.
8. Will I get all the benefits of the retreat event if I don't complete all the preparation and tasks listed in the instruction guide?
The preparation and tasks are based on the Master’s 16-year experience of doing silent retreats. He himself did not do all of them when he first started many years ago, but still received significant benefits. Be gentle and compassionate with yourself and you will still have a magical experience.